Thursday, September 17, 2026

Every Day is a New Milestone


 11 days and counting until retirement. Today's gut punch was putting up the first program flyer in Teen Zone kiosk for the first program that I will not be running. 

I started Club Anime! in 2006 after I went to ALA Midwinter in San Antonio. ADV (remember than ancient otaku), Viz, and Funimation provided me with manga and screeener videos for upcoming manga and anime. Our first meeting in February was actually bumped to the study room because the meeting room was double booked with a quilt group. We had 6 teens show up including my niece and we watched Diamond Daydreams and Macross. 

During end of the 2000's, we had 35 members which was wild for a teen program. At the time, many teens only had access to anime through the library since streaming wasn't around yet. We now have about 6-15 members depending on the time of year. 

I will miss chatting about anime and manga with the teens, but I have a great staff member to take over the club and he is already beloved by the teens. 

No comments: